Apply Referrer Protection
You may have granted various outside web sites access to your players or content—for example, via a link on a page on your site. Unauthorized sites may attempt to hijack these links and publish them to their own site. Use this to specifically name qualified referrer website URLs to block these referrers from accessing your content.
To implement this protection, set the Enable Referrer Protection slider to "On" and define the following settings:
- Mode: Select the desired
- "Allow...": This grants access to clients that fall within the settings you apply.
- "Deny...": This blocks clients that fall within the settings you apply.
- Referrer Domains: Click this field,
input a referrer domain and click the (new item) entry to add it. Repeat to add additional
domains. A Referrer Domain cannot exceed 256 total characters. Domains can be input
using the following formats:
- Full Domain: Input as www.address.com. (Do not include http(s)://)
- Domain Prefaced with a Period (“ . ”): For example, this could be .address.com. The period serves as a form of wildcard, indicating that all domains that end in .address.com are allowed.
- Redirect request instead of
Deny: Set this slider to "On" and input a
complete page address in the Redirect URL field to serve as a deny destination. This URL cannot be longer than
2000 total characters. If an access attempt is denied, it is redirected to
- "Allow..." Mode: Any request outside what you have specifically configured here is denied and sent to this redirect URL.
- "Deny..." Mode: A request that matches any value you have defined here is denied and sent to this redirect URL.