How to add Enhanced Proxy Detection
Enhanced Proxy Detection (EPD) lets you use services provided by our data provider, GeoGuard to apply proxy detection and location spoofing protection.
For example, you can set up the Enhanced Proxy Detection with GeoGuard behavior to identify requests for your content that have been redirected from an unwanted source via a proxy. You can then allow, deny, or redirect these requests.
Before you begin
- Get access to Enhanced Proxy Detection with GeoGuard. You need to have this added to your contract to add the appropriate behavior in Property Manager. Contact your Account Representative to add this functionality.
- Only IPv4 is supported. Currently, GeoGuard only supports IPv4 format property hostnames. When you're setting up a property hostname in your AMD property, make sure it's set to IPv4 only if you want to use it along with EPD.
Add Enhanced Proxy Detection with GeoGuard
Once you have it added to your contract, you can add EPD to your AMD property by performing the following:
- Create a new AMD property, or edit an existing one using Property Manager.
- In the Property Configuration Settings options, click Add Behavior.
- In the Search available behaviors field, type Enhanced Proxy to filter, and select Enhanced Proxy Detection with GeoGuard from the list. The new behavior is added to your configuration.
- Set the Enable Proxy Detection switch to "On."
Once enabled, select the applicable Configuration Mode to apply EPD to meet your needs.