Method 1: "One to one"
This method implements Use Case-based Edge Mapping (UCEM) to optimize delivery of on demand media ("VOD") using a single property hostname.
Create a new Property Hostname
In this example, we're using Property Manager to create a new property configuration for AMD to define a new property hostname to edge hostname association ("property hostname") to enable the appropriate use case.
- Based on your desired level of delivery security, use the standard procedure ("wizard") to create a new proprety hostname. (In this example, we're using "myvideos-vod.com" as the hostname.)
- When you reach the Mapping
Solution phase of the wizard, ensure Use Case is
selected and set Segmented Media Mode to VOD.Note: If you also have Edge IP Binding on your contract, it's revealed here, too. You can't use both UCEM and Edge IP Binding in the same property hostname.
- Look at your new property
hostname and verify the Use Case ("VOD") has been applied. If it has, the edge
hostname that's used by this property hostname has been set to use an optimal
edge map for delivery of on demand content.
Segmented Media Mode use case vs. the Segmented Media Delivery Mode behavior
- The Segmented Media Mode use case. This is specifically used to determine the optimized edge map for use in delivering the selected media mode. This only applies to requests that are directed to the edge hostname applied in that specific property hostname. (For example, if you create another property hostname and don't apply the use case, requests to its edge hostname won't be optimized to a specific edge map.)
- The Segmented Media Delivery Mode behavior. This is used to apply other delivery-related optimizations for the selected mode. For this use case, you need to set Segmented Media Delivery Mode to "On Demand." This is to match the UCEM setting and avoid a "mismatch" condition.
Once you've completed and saved the property configuration, you need to: