You should use "Best Practices" mode
This is the Configuration Mode Akamai recommends. Select it to automatically apply the primary categories GeoGuard identifies as essential for proxy detection.
GeoGuard maintains a list of categories for proxy detection
This includes multiple primary ("must have") categories. This behavior leverages these categories to recognize that a request is coming from a proxy.
How is the Best Practices mode applied?
Once selected, this mode automatically incorporates all of GeoGuard's "must have" categories for proxy detection. You define an Action to be taken when a request is identified from any of these categories:
- Allow: This lets the request through, and the action is logged. (You can later audit the logs to determine how setting this to a different action may affect your traffic.)
- Deny: This blocks all matching requests.
- Redirect: This sends these requests to an alternate URL. Provide this URL in the Redirect URL field that is revealed.
- A Redirect URL can't exceed 2,000 characters in length.
- Use only an absolute URL and ensure that it doesn’t include the same hostname, to avoid creating a redirect loop.