You need to gather specific information
There are specific pieces of information you'll need while creating a property.
Get your account information
Within five days of your service contract submission, you should receive your account information. If you haven't received it (or you don't have it), . You need this information to activate your configuration for use with AMD.
You should receive the following information:
- Your account name and ID
- Content provider (CP) codes: These are used for reporting and billing.
- An administrator
login: This is used to access the following:
- Akamai Control Center:
- Content Storage Servers: This applies if you've included storage (NetStorage) in your service package, for use as the origin to deliver content.
Additional items you'll need
In addition to information provided to you by Akamai, you need the following items. (Some of which are gathered during the processes discussed in this documentation.)
- Your Domain: This is the hostname that end users are using to access your site or application. This is used to create a property hostname.
- The Origin Server Hostname: This applies if you are housing deliverable content in a custom origin. (NetStorage is not being used.) This is used for Edge servers to fetch target content for a request.
- Your Edge Server Hostname(s): During this process, you need to associate a property hostname with Akamai Edge servers to resolve requests from end users, so that settings applied in the associated configuration are applied to deliver your content. The end result of this association is referred to as an Edge server hostname. Your website or application must later be CNAMEd to this Edge server hostname.
Is your site "dual-stacked?"
If you are implementing a dual-stacked site (IPv4 and IPv6), you should review the IPv6 Implementation Guide and discuss your configuration needs with your Account Representative. You can download the guide from Control Center. Contact your Account Representative for assistance, if necessary.