Enable Media Encryption (HLS-format media, only)
To enable Media Encryption, you need to apply specific settings in the Segmented Media Protection behavior.
- In the Segmented Media Protection
behavior, set the Segment
Encryption slider to "On" and define
- Encryption Mode. Defaults to AES 128, and must remain at this setting.
- Initialization Vector (Optional). Use this field to define a unique initialization vector when generating the Encryption Key file. Click the cycle button ( ) to automatically generate a value. You can manually input a value up to 32 alphanumeric characters. More on this field below.
- With settings defined as desired, click the Save button to apply.
Should I use an Initialization Vector (IV)?
Use of an IV is purely optional, and we recommend that you leave the Initialization Vector field blank to have the system automatically calculate this value using the target content’s Player Manifest.
- If you choose to include one: The explicit value you set is included in
the "key" tag, as the "IV" value. When you incorporate this, the IV is fixed and
used for each
- If you leave this field blank: The
media-sequence-numberis pulled from the Player Manifest. No IV is listed in the
keytag, and the
media-sequence-numberis used as the IV. Since the
media-sequence-numberis unique based on what's been requested, this offers some randomness and added security.