Apply Geo Protection
Worldwide, IP addresses are unique to a specific geographic location. This functionality uses this concept, and leverages the geographic location of the end-user system attempting to access your content, and either allows or deny access to it, based on the IP address.
To implement this protection, set the Enable Geo Protection slider to "On" and define the following settings:
- Mode: Select the desired
- "Allow...": This grants access to clients that fall within the settings you apply.
- "Deny...": This blocks clients that fall within the settings you apply.
- Countries: Click this field and select an entire country that you want to be allowed or denied access. Each is followed by its two letter country designation (for example, "US" for United States, "BR" for Brazil, etc.). Repeat to add additional countries.
- Regions: Click this field and select a specific country and corresponding region that should be allowed or denied access. For example, you can select individual states within the United States; provinces in Canada and China, etc. Objects are listed alphabetically, by country first, and then region. Each is followed by its two letter country designation, and abbreviated region (for example, "United States - California (US-CA)"). Repeat to add more regions.
- DMAs (United States, only): Click this field to select a “Designated Market Area.” Repeat to add additional DMAs. A DMA is a specific region in which the population can receive the same (or similar) internet media offerings. Current entries are based on the proprietary Nielsen Media Research DMA regions. You can request specific DMA data from Nielsen, at http://www.nielsen.com/intl-campaigns/us/dma-maps.html.
- Override GEO Controls for these IPs/CIDR blocks: With your operator set to 'Deny...", input an IP address/CIDR block that exists within your specified Countries or Regions. This overrides the “Deny...” setting, allowing access to that specific IP address/CIDR Block. Repeat as necessary to add additional IP address/CIDR Blocks. You can have a maximum of 160 entries in this field.
- Redirect request instead of
Deny: Set this slider to "On" and input a
complete page address in the Redirect URL field to serve as a deny destination. This URL cannot be longer than
2000 total characters. If an access attempt is denied, it is redirected to
- "Allow..." Mode: Any request outside what you have specifically configured here is denied and sent to this redirect URL.
- "Deny..." Mode: A request that matches any value you have defined here is denied and sent to this redirect URL.