How to add Content Targeting - Protection
Content targeting ("geo protection") allows you to permit or deny access to your content based on region-specific values associated with the requesting client.
For example, you can add the Content Targeting - Protection behavior and configure it to deny access to clients in a specific geographic region ("geo protection"), or only allow requests coming from a specific set of IP addresses.
Where does Geo Protection fit into the content protection spectrum?
There are multiple levels of access and protection and geo protection fits in as follows:
- No protection: Open Access. Anyone can access you content
- Level 1: Token Auth. This looks to prevent access to only those with valid access permissions by comparing a token included in the request with one associated with your content. You can add it to your property using the Segmented Media Protection behavior.
- Level 2: Geo Protection.
- Level 3: HTTPS Protection. Configure your AMD property to access and send content via secure delivery.
- Level 4: Media Encryption. This looks to limit access to your content to only those who have a decryption key. You can add it to your property using the Segmented Media Protection behavior.
- Most protection: DRM Encryption. This prevents access to only those clients that have been authorized to have a DRM license for the playback environment or content, including additional rights management rules.
How do I get access to Content Targeting - Protection?
You need to have this added to your contract to access the appropriate behavior in Property Manager. Contact your Account Representative to add this functionality.
Add Content Targeting - Protection
Once you have it added to your contract, you can add Content Targeting - Protection to your AMD property by performing the following:
- Create a new AMD property, or edit an existing one using Property Manager.
- In the Property Configuration Settings options, click Add Behavior.
- In the Search available behaviors field, input Content Targeting to filter the listed behaviors, and select Content Targeting - Protection from the list.
- The new behavior is added to your property. Set the Enable Content Targeting switch to "On."
Once enabled, you can apply Content Targeting - Protection in multiple ways.