Optional behaviors in the Default Rule
You can add more behaviors using the Add Behavior button.
These are behaviors are outside of what's included automatically as mandatory or recommended behaviors in the Default Rule. Optional behaviors available in the Property Manager catalog vary, based on the following:
- What's included with the AMD product. Plus, any additional behaviors you've added to your contract.
- Whether you're using NetStorage as your origin, or you have your own custom origin. Some of the behaviors are not available if you're using NetStorage as your origin server. When this is the case, it's noted in its description.
How do I add optional behaviors?
There are a lot of optional behaviors you can add to your property. Click Add behavior in the Default Rule to select from a catalog. For details on their setup, review these points:
- Several that apply specifically to AMD are detailed in Use cases for AMD.
- Information on other optional behaviors can be found in the online help in the Property Manager Editor UI in Control Center. Add a behavior, mouse-over it and click the help links.
Optional behaviors "best practice" optimized for AMD
Below is a list of behaviors that are automatically included in the Default Rule, in the background—you don't see them as an actual behavior in the rule. They've been optimized for best performance with AMD.
- Allow All Methods on Parent Servers
- Cache HTTP Error Response
- Cache HTTP Redirects
- Content Compression
- LDS (Log Request Details)
- Large File Optimization
- Tiered Distribution