Create a new Property
To set up AMD, you first need to create a new property in Control Center.
- Select the appropriate Control Center Account. Use the top-right pull-down in the header to select the account.
- Open the application. Go to . Click New Property.
- Select the Adaptive Media Delivery radio button from the Product list.
- If more than one Contract is shown, choose the one that has Adaptive Media Delivery as well the applicable AMD-related services you want. You may need to verify with your account representative.
- In the Property Name field,
enter a name for your property. This serves two purposes:
Tip: To make things easy, you can use your site's hostname for this value. Make note of the value you set for future reference.
- The filename for the property, and
- How it's displayed throughout the Property Manager UIs.
- Click Create Property.
Now you use the Property Manager Editor to define the property— you associate your site's hostname with an edge hostname so requests can access the Akamai network, you configure rules of behaviors that are applied to requests for your content, and a host of other settings.
Also, if you haven't already, you should review the terms we use to describe common components and processes.