Edge Errors -- HLS
This alert notifies you that a percentage of requests on edge servers that returned the HTTP 4xx and 5xx status codes reached a set threshold. You can set it to monitor multiple CP codes.
It applies only to HTTP live streaming (HLS) — a streaming protocol developed by Apple for online streaming of video or audio to iOS devices.
- Media Services Live (Stream Packaging)
- New Alert - The condition is present for six to seven minutes.
- Alert Cleared - The condition is cleared for six to seven minutes.
- A type of traffic to be monitored (Secure, Non-Secure, or Either Non-Secure or Secure).
- A number and a percentage of failed requests necessary to trigger the alert.
- Whether the alert should be triggered when the threshold is reached for one of the selected CP codes or all of them combined.
Follow the instructions from the Troubleshooting section on the alert’s page.