Add permissions to a user role
To go through the Property Manager setup and configure API features, you first need to ensure that your Control Center user has appropriate permissions assigned in the Identity and Access Management application.
If a user that you want to grant access to does not exist in Control Center, you should first create a user in Identity and Access Management. For details on creating users, modifying roles, and other aspects of the Identity and Access Management application, see the Identity and Access Management Online Help in Control Center.
- Go to .
- On the Identity and Access Management page, select the Roles tab.
From the list of available roles, choose the one you want to add permissions
to, and from its corresponding Action menu, select
Normally, each role that you may clone already contains some predefined permissions. The Description column explains a role’s level of access and it should help you decide which role to associate with a particular user.
In the Clone a role
window, do these steps:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the new role.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the new role.
- From the Permissions list, select All Permissions.
In the section on the
right, select the permissions that you want to assign. Click Save.
The following permissions allow access to API Gateway and related features. See the description of each permission to learn about the access level it provides.
- Edit Access to Property Manager
- Allows users to create and configure properties in Property Manager.
- WAF Admin, WAF Config
- Allow users to access API Definitions, view and edit endpoint and resource information, and manage API configuration versions. Allow KSD customers to modify API security features.
- API Gateway Administrator
- Allows users to access and modify delivery features, such as API privacy, JWT validation, CORS, caching, and GZIP compression. Allows the use of the API Keys and Traffic Management application.
- Botman Feature, Botman Config
- For Bot Manager customers, allow users to access and modify resource purpose settings.
- On the Identity and Access Management page, select the Users and API Clients tab.
- In the Client Name column, click the name of the user that you want to assign the cloned role to.
- In the Edit <username> window, select the Assign roles tab.
- In the Assign roles tab, click the pencil icon () next to the appropriate name.
From the list of roles, select
the role you assigned the permissions to. Click Save to assign
the role with the specified permissions to the selected user.
This user can now configure and use API Gateway features.