Configure request routing and forwarding
With request routing and forwarding enabled, you can specify alternate origin
hostnames to forward the requests sent to your API. You can also create custom paths, specify
non-default ports to pass the incoming requests through, and enter custom
Host header values to be honored by
the incoming requests.
- On the API Definitions page, in the Registered APIs section, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration you want to configure request routing for.
- From the menu, select Manage versions.
- In the Version history panel, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration version you want to configure request routing for.
- From the list of delivery options, select Request routing and forwarding.
- On the Request routing and forwarding page, click Add a rule.
- In Rule name, enter a meaningful name for the rule.
- In Description, enter a description of the rule.
In Rule conditions, select conditions that you want to trigger
the rule with.
The available conditions are Resource, Method, and Hostname. Conditions are mutually inclusive; a request needs to meet all conditions to trigger a rule.
In the Destination details section,
do these steps:
- In Origin hostname, enter an alternate origin hostname for the requests sent to this API. Click Verify to confirm if it’s signed with a certificate from an Akamai-managed CA.
In Forward path, select one of these options:
- To use the base path from the current API configuration, select Use default path.
- To add a custom path to the API, select Add custom path and enter the path in the field that appears.
In the Forward port field,
specify the port for the requests sent to this API.
If you leave this field empty, the requests will go to the default port indicated by the protocol in the alternative origin hostname.
In the Forward Host header
field, specify the
Hostheader value for the requests sent to this API.If you leave this field empty, the
Hostheader value will be the same as your alternative origin hostname.
- Optional: If you want to set up SureRoute for your alternate origin, follow Configure SureRoute for alternate origins.
- Click Save.