Configure GZIP compression
With GZIP compression enabled, you can save bandwidth and reduce loading times by compressing API responses as they exit the Akamai network. You can specify the response types that you want to deliver in a compressed format.
- On the API Definitions page, in the Registered APIs section, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration you want to configure GZIP compression settings for.
- From the menu, select Manage versions.
- In the Version history panel, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration version you want to configure GZIP compression settings for.
- From the list of delivery options, select GZIP compression.
On the GZIP
compression page, from the Compress response menu,
select one of the following options:
- To allow compressed responses without restrictions, select Always.
- To allow compressed responses as specified on the origin server, select Same as origin.
- To forbid compressed responses, select Never.
- Click Save.