Configure resource purpose settings
Resource purpose settings define the expected usage of individual resources associated with an endpoint to protect your API from bot traffic.
Note: This feature is available for Bot Manager Premier customers only.
- On the API Definitions page, in the Registered APIs section, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration you want to configure resource purpose settings for.
- From the menu, select Manage versions.
- In the Version history panel, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration version you want to configure resource purpose settings for.
- From the list of delivery options, select Resource purpose settings.
- On the Resource purpose settings page, click the plus sign to add a new resource purpose configuration.
In the Resource purpose info
section, do the following steps:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the resource purpose configuration.
- From the API resource menu, select the resource that you want to specify the purpose of.
- From the HTTP method menu, select the HTTP method used in combination with the resource.
- In the Resource Purpose Details section, click API Resource Purpose Type and select the task this resource serves.
- If you selected the Login type of resource purpose, in the Login resource details section, from the Username parameter menu, select the username parameter.
If you want to report on an event like a
failed login attempt, in the Origin-reported failure conditions section, define its traits. You can set
up failure reporting for every resource purpose type except
After you set these conditions, failures appear in the Bot Endpoint Protection report.
In Response Code, select
match, and enter the code you want to track, like
401. You can enter multiple codes.
- In Response Header, enter the header name, select matches or does not match, and enter the value you want to track.
- To add another response header, click Add.
- In Response Code, select matches or does not match, and enter the code you want to track, like
In the Additional parameters
section, for every parameter that you want to configure, do the following steps:
- Click Add parameter.
- From the leftmost drop-down menu, select the parameter that you want to configure.
- From the rightmost drop-down menu, select the condition that the parameter should meet.
- If you selected the matches condition, enter the text that the parameter should match.
- Click Save.