Configure API privacy
By making your API configuration private, you prevent unauthenticated parties from interacting with your endpoint and its associated resources. This improves the security of your system by leveraging the API key authentication method. You can define API privacy at the endpoint level and for every individual resource within your configuration.
Before you begin
- On the API Definitions page, in the Registered APIs section, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration you want to configure API privacy settings for.
- From the menu, select Manage versions.
- In the Version history panel, click the ellipsis icon () associated with the API configuration version you want to configure API privacy settings for.
- From the list of delivery options, select API privacy settings.
- On the API privacy settings page, set the Make this API switch to Private.
If you want to make some
resources in your API public, in the Resource privacy
settings panel, set their corresponding Make this
resource switches to Public.
If you decide to reset API privacy settings for all resources to the API level at any point, you can click Reset to API settings. You can also control which individual resources inherit the top-level settings by selecting their Inherit check boxes.
- Click Save.