Application Load Balancer Workflow
Here's how Application Load Balancer works:
- An Akamai edge server first receives a request for your site.
- If the request meets your policy's match criteria, the edge server:
- Routes the request to the appropriate data center.
- Maintains session stickiness.
- you set up liveness tests, other edge servers monitor the data centers. When a liveness test detects that a data center is down, it routes traffic to an available data center.
The following diagram shows how Application Load Balancer works: