Add an Application Load Balancer rule
Cloudlets rules determine what Application Load Balancer does when an incoming request meets a set of criteria. You can use Cloudlets Policy Manager to add rules, or you can upload them using a CSV file.
- Go to .
- If not selected already, click the Manage Cloudlets Policies menu.
- On the Cloudlet Policies screen, click the name of the policy you want to add rules to.
- On the Policy Details screen, click the version you want to update or click Create New Version.
- On the Version Details screen, click Add Rule.
Complete these fields on the Create a
Field Action General Rule Name Name this rule. Always On Select if the rule is always applied. Start Date/Time Enter the start date and time for the rule. End Date/Time Enter the end date and time for the rule. Match definition (IF section) Match Type Select the match type to use for this rule.
Enter any operators or match criteria needed for the match type you choose.See Cloudlets Match Types for more information.Note: If using an IP address or CIDR list match, review the list of invalid IP addresses and CIDR lists.
Action (THEN section) Load Balancing ID Select the load balancing configuration you want to use when the rule is true.
Once you select the ID, activation information for the selected configuration also displays.
- If you want to add another rule, click + in the match section.
Click Save Rule. The new rule displays
first on the Version Details screen.
Important: Cloudlets Policy Manager evaluates rules from top to bottom with the first match winning.