Optional: Set up CP codes for Conditional Origins
You may want to set up a separate Content Provider (CP) code for your Conditional Origins. You can use this CP code for a blanket purge of the Conditional Origin.
If you wish to track requests using the Conditional Origin this way, you have some options. You can:
- add a new CP code for each Conditional Origin.
- add one CP code to be used by all Conditional Origins.
- select a CP code used elsewhere in the property.
- use a separate CP code for quick purge.
(This option is considered a best practice.)Note: CP code creation is only available for select contracts. If you need a new CP code and do not see the CP code creator, contact your Account Representative to have a CP code made for you.
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Select the property to which you are adding Conditional Origins. The property should be associated with the Cloudlets policy that will use the Conditional Origins.
- Select the property version you want to edit.
- In the Content Provider Code behavior, click the edit icon in the Content Provider Code field.
- Select the Create a new CP Code tab.
- If the Create a new CP Code tab is not available, contact your Account Representative to have a CP code made for you. CP code creation is only available for select contracts.
In the CP Code Name field, either
accept the default CP code name or enter a new name.
CP code names can be up to 25 alphanumeric characters, but cannot include spaces or the following characters: underscore ( _ ), comma ( , ), hashtag (#), quotation mark ("), and percent sign (%).Note: Property Manager automatically populates the CP Code Name field with an entry based on the property's name.
CAUTION: To avoid a service disruption, do not activate your property on the production network until the system recognizes the new CP code. It may take up to two hours for the Akamai network to recognize newly-created CP codes. Test on the staging network to verify everything is working as expected.