Configure your property to sign requests with an access key
The final step in getting started with Cloud Access Manager is to configure your property to point to the access key that you want to use to sign your requests. To do that, you can add or modify the Origin Characteristics behavior and select the access keys that you previously created in Cloud Access Manager.
Before you begin
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
On the Property Details page, click the
Version of your configuration that you want to access
in Manage Versions and Activations.
The Property Manager Editor appears.
- If your property is already active, click Edit New Version to introduce your changes.
If you haven't configured the Origin Characteristics
yet, select or create the rule where you want to enable this behavior:
- To authenticate requests to all hostnames in the property, add the behavior in the Default Rule.
- To authenticate requests to specific hostnames in the property or requests matching specific criteria, add the behavior in a custom rule. See Working with rules and matches in Property Manager.
Configure or edit the Origin Characteristic behavior:
In Origin Location, select the geographical
location of your origin server to optimize access to it.
If you aren't sure about your server location, you can leave it as Unknown. See Origin Characteristics in Property Manager.
- In Authentication Method, select the third-party cloud provider that you use as your origin, either Amazon Web Services or Interoperability Google Cloud Storage.
- In Origin Location, select the geographical location of your origin server to optimize access to it.
Switch Encrypted Storage to
This lets you refer to access keys your created and securely store in Cloud Access Manager. If you disable this option, the Origin Characteristics behavior stores the authentication details unencrypted.
In Access Key, select the access key that you want to
use to sign requests to a cloud origin.
This field lists only active access keys that you created in Cloud Access Manager and that match your property's authentication method selected in the Origin Characteristics behavior.
- Amazon Web Services only: In Region, enter the code of the AWS region that houses your AWS service.
- Amazon Web Services only: In Service Endpoint, enter the code of your AWS service.