Once added to your base configuration and enabled, this behavior gathers reporting data for Akamai Cloud Embed (ACE) at near real-time latencies—typically, less than 15 minutes. This lets you generate related reports at an aggregation interval of one minute.
Get this provisioned for use
This must be provisioned and added by your account representative ("rep"). Your account rep works with you to determine the applicable ACE base configuration, or create a new one to add this support. Once provisioned, you can view it as a behavior in that base configuration. (You can't edit these settings or remove this behavior. Only your account representative can do this.)
The settings apply as follows:
- Enable Real-time Reporting. When enabled, you have access to Real-time reports for ACE, via Media delivery reports in Control Center or the Media Delivery Reports API. Reports data is available at a latency of under 15 minutes.
- Advanced. Offers access to additional options. (It must be enabled to get access to the Beacon Sampling Percentage option.)
- Beacon Sampling Percentage. How much of your overall ACE traffic should be polled to collect data. Your account rep can access and set this option to best address the capacity and limitations of the downstream systems that receive and process data for your real-time reports. (A capacity is set in an attempt to reliably deliver and process data at the expected 15 minute latency, for your environment.) If this is not specifically set, the default is 10%.
What does the behavior let me do?
With provisioning completed and the behavior added, you can access real-time reports data for that base configuration from either the Akamai Control Center or the Media Delivery Reports API.
- Control Center. Go to , and then select from the menu.
- Media Delivery Reports API. This gives you access to the "Get Akamai Cloud Embed Real-time data" operation in the API.