Configure for non-secure delivery (HTTP)
This applies to ACE configurations for subcustomer websites or applications that will process all requests non-securely via HTTP (and only HTTP).
You need to use an "Instant Config Hostname"
Instant Config Hostname is a tool in Property Manager that lets you to
automatically create an Edge hostname for HTTP delivery. Once the configuration is
activated, we create an Edge hostname for you that points to Akamai servers, using a prefix you define, combined with a fixed domain
- Ensure that the Shared or Customer Certificate option is deselected.
- In the Property Hostnames content panel, click the down arrow and select Add Instant Config Hostname.
- Input your desired prefix value in the Edge Hostname field. Only alphanumeric (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and hyphen ("-") characters are supported, with a length 4-60 characters. It cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
- Select the appropriate IP version, based on what your application or site can
- IPv4 only: Support for IP addresses using version 4, only.
- IPv4 + IPv6 (dual
stack): Support for both address formats. Note: If you select IPv4 + IPv6 (dual stack) as your IP version, your site or application must support IPv6 in HTTP request headers and delivered log lines.
- Click Save.
From here, you continue setting up the configuration (apply rules and behaviors), and then save it.
Ultimately, when you're ready to move forward and go live with the configuration, you need to update the existing DNS record for each applicable subcustomer website or application to be a CNAME record that points to this Edge hostname.