You need to gather specific information
There are specific pieces of information you'll need while creating a base configuration.
Get your account information
Within five days of your service contract submission, you should receive your account information. If you haven't received it (or you don't have it), you can get it from Akamai Business Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).. You need this information to activate your configuration for use with ACE.
You should receive the following information:
- Your account name and ID
- Content provider (CP) codes. These are used for reporting and billing.
- An administrator login.
This is used to access the following:
- Akamai Control Center. https://control.akamai.com
- Content Storage Servers. This applies if you've included storage (NetStorage) in your service package, for use as the origin to deliver content.
Additional items you'll need
In addition to information provided to you by Akamai, you need some other information to complete set up. (Some of these values are gathered during the processes discussed in this documentation.)
- Know your Endpoint Domain: This is your unique hostname, that you use to serve as your Akamai Cloud Embed CDN. (You need to have subcustomers CNAME to this endpoint—End-user requests to each subcustomer domain will be resolved to this endpoint, and ultimately to your Edge server hostname to access the base configuration.) This serves as the "Property Hostname" when generating a "property hostname to edge hostname" association for the base configuration.
- Know the Origin Server Hostname: This applies if you or a subcustomer is housing deliverable content in a custom origin. (You are not using NetStorage as your the origin.) This is used for Edge servers to fetch target content for a request.
- Make note of your Edge Server Hostname(s): You generate a "property hostname to Edge hostname" association, that results in your Edge server hostname. This associates your endpoint domain with Akamai edge servers. This is done in the Property Editor, while setting up your base configuration. Your endpoint domain must later be CNAMEd to this Edge server hostname to finalize the process ("Go Live").