Prerequisites for dynamic web content
Before you update or create a policy to support dynamic web content for a subcustomer, there are various tasks you need to complete.
You need to enable Dynamic Web Content in your base configuration
Just like any instance of ACE, you need to create a base configuration to define feature and support permissions for use with subcustomers. To support dynamic web content, you need to apply some specific settings, using the Subcustomer Enablement behavior in the base configuration.
- Dynamic Policy: This switch needs to be set to On. This allows interaction with policies for subcustomers that have been registered with this base configuration. (This must be enabled to modify or create a policy to support dynamic web content.)
- Dynamic Web Content: This switch must be set to On to allow configuration of dynamic web content support in a subcustomer policy.
You can add Integrated Cloud Acceleration
Integrated Cloud Acceleration (ICA) is a collection of features that you can use to add more support for Dynamic Web Content for subcustomers.
- You need ICA added to your contract. Talk to your account representative about adding this to your contract to use this support.
- You need "Dynamic Web Content" enabled. This option needs to be enabled in the Sub-Customer Enablement behavior.
- You need to add the "Content Characteristics - Dynamic Web Content"
behavior. With Dynamic Web Content enabled, you
can add this behavior to the same rule. In that rule, perform the
- Click the Add Behavior button.
- In the Search available behaviors field, input "Content" and select the Content Characteristics - Dynamic Web Content behavior from the list.
- Click the Insert Behavior button.
- Enable any of the options in the behavior to allow their use when configuring a subcustomer policy via the ACE API. (Mouse-over each option for a detailed description.)
You need to register subcustomers
To offer a subcustomer access to this support, it must be registered with the base configuration that has the appropriate Subcustomer Enablement behavior options applied.
- This is a new subcustomer. This is no different than registering a subcustomer with any other ACE base configuration—you use the "Add a new subcustomer" operation via the ACE API.
already registered: You don't need to
re-register an existing subcustomer to
apply this support.
- Ensure that the base configuration that the subcustomer is associated with has the appropriate Subcustomer Enablement options applied.
- Update the existing delivery policy settings for that subcustomer to apply the settings covered in this document.