Configuring a WMI Monitoring Server in CloudTest
Once the WMI configuration above has been adopted, use the following steps to create a corresponding Monitor Server Group in CloudTest.
- Select Central > Monitoring Server Groups
Leave Monitoring Server Group selected
in the Server Group of Monitor screen and click Next.
- Enter a name for the monitoring server and enter an IP address or host name in the Host entry field and then click Add. The host is added to the Host list as shown above. If there is more than one WMI server to monitor enter it and a group will be created as in prior releases.
- Click Next.
- In the System Resource and Authentication screen, leave System Resources checked, and then click Next.
Select Windows Server 2008 as the
Operating System. Note that WMI is only available under Windows Server 2008 at this
- In the Connection Method drop-down, select either Direction Connection: WMI or choose to Connect via Conductor.
- If Direct Connection: WMI was selected, enter the appropriate credentials as (shown right).
What you should see
Note that if the CloudTest Conductor is selected via <Use Conductor on each machine> or by choosing a specific Conductor, that Conductor must be running on each machine specified in the server group.
Once credentials are established, or the selected Conductors are running on the given servers, click Test Connection. In either case, a Connection Successful message indicates that the Monitoring Server(s) are ready for use. Click Next and then click Finish to complete creation of the Monitoring Server or Group.