Creating an If-Then-Else Statement in List View
If-Then-Else statements can be created either on one or two containers, messages, or browser actions. They cannot be created on clip elements within a page.
First, identify to clip elements to
create the If-Then-Else container. Right-click and choose Create If-Then-Else after doing
so.When you do so, the selected items are placed into the container with the default IF
value of Constant is True.
- Define the IF portion of the statement by selecting from the drop-down. Choose from among Constant, Property, Linked Script, or Embedded Script.
- For a Constant, set the value to True or False. The use of a constant in this context provides an additional “debug” mode within CloudTest.
- For a Property, click Browse to select the value from the Property Chooser dialog box.
- If-Then-Else containers can also use any existing script in the repository for their condition. To use a script, browse to select a script from the Script Browser.
- Save the test clip after making any changes.