Enable or Disable Dynamic Caching at the Composition Level
- With the test composition open in the Composition Editor, click the Properties tab and in the Properties list click Composition.
- Select the Page Resource Settings tab on the right.
What you should see
The Cache Dynamic Resources drop-down appears on the far right of the pane.
- Use Individual Clip Settings (default)
- Override to Enabled
- Override to Disabled
The following cache behavior applies when enabled:
- If a Page retrieves a particular resource statically, that resource is not dynamically retrieved later.
- If a script attempts to get the response for a message that was suppressed (for validation or extraction purposes or for whatever reason), it will see the cached response instead.
- If a resource is not retrieved because it was suppressed due to caching, this is indicated in test results via the Events Log. Any property sets or validations set for the item not retrieved are suppressed. It is as if the message never got executed, in all respects.
- If a statistic is not retrieved it is also not counted. For example, a suppressed resource is not included in statistics such as those found in the Bytes Received, Duration, or other widgets.