Viewing or Changing a Dashboard’s Settings
What you should see
If no widgets were selected, the Edit Panel appears below with only the Dashboard node selected and the General tab showing. When dashboard is selected only dashboard-level settings are presented.
General Dashboard Options
- Name – The dashboard name
- Display on dashboard surface – check to display the name on the dashboard surface
- Save Location – the repository location of this dashboard
- Set as my default dashboard – Click this button to make the current dashboard the default one
Layout Dashboard Options
- Layout type - select a column layout for the dashboard using the visual cues
Custom dashboards include a platform-wide Theme selection option—either the default Light theme or Dark theme—which can be found in the Dashboard Edit Panel, Properties tab. These themes control the widget color for all dashboard widgets. Click Apply to finalize your selection to all widgets in the display. Provide an Image Name and use Choose File to select the image to upload. The Image Name will appear in the Background Image dropdown.
- Background Color - select a color for the dashboard background
- Background Image - specify a background image to use in this dashboard. Click Import if that image is not also already in the repository
- Widget Padding - increase internal and external space around the widget border
- Link Chart Timelines - chart timelines are linked across the dashboard by default, unchecking this will unlink them
- Enable widget animations - turn chart animations associated with real-time deltas on or off
- Hide widgets when not playing - conceal widgets when the test composition is not playing
- Column widths - Set a column width in pixels
- Import - Use the Import button to launch the select a new background image to import. When you do so, the New Image dialog box appears for you to choose the image file to import. Dashboard background images should be 72 pixels wide by 27 pixels tall. The Maximum file size is 5,120 bytes.
In the screenshot below, the Default Dashboard Texture image is applied to the Dashboard Dark Theme with 50% texture opacity selected.