Defining a Database Property Set
CloudTest provides the ability to create user-defined property sets per database action. A database action property set is created on the response (e.g. the same response that is posted to Result Details per database action. In general, you should create your custom properties prior to beginning.
Users can do extraction by the (default) Substring method to extract a value and store it into a property, or, extraction can be doneuse Glob, Regex, or XPath to do the extraction. Property Sets for database actions are defined in Clip Editor, List view, or from Icon view via the Clip Editor lower panel, Action Editor.
- Before defining a property set, create at least one of the custom properties to use. For example, create a Clip Custom Property in the test clip that has the database action.
- To configure a property set for a database action, do either of the following:
- In List view, select and expand the action whose response you’d like to extract into a property.
- In Icon view, select and double-click the database action to open it in the lower panel.
- Click the Property Set icon (in List view) or the Property Sets tab and green Plus (+) icon (in Icon view).The New Property Set form is added to the action.
- Give the new property set a name.
- In the Retrieved Using field select from among:
What you should see
- Substring – The following script is expected to succeed
- Exact Match – Matches exactly
- RegEx – Matches regular expression
- Glob – Matches glob expression
Depending on the selection made here, the remainder of the form changes accordingly. Refer to the following sections depending on the option selected here.