Enable or Disable Dynamic Caching at the Track Level
- Select and double-click the track in the Composition Editor. The Properties tab opens below with the given track selected.
- Select the Page Resource Settings tab on the right.The Cache Dynamic Resources drop-down appears on the far right of the pane.
- Click the Cache Dynamic Resources drop-down to choose from among:
- Use Individual Clip Settings (default)
- Override to Enabled
- Override to Disabled
What you should see
The following cache behavior applies when enabled:
- If a Page retrieves a particular resource statically, that resource is not dynamically retrieved later.
- If a script attempts to get the response for a message that was suppressed (for validation or extraction purposes or for whatever reason), it will see the cached response instead.
- If a resource is not retrieved because it was suppressed due to caching, this is indicated in test results via the Events Log. Any property sets or validations set for the item not retrieved are suppressed. It is as if the message never got executed, in all respects.
- If a statistic is not retrieved it is also not counted. For example, a suppressed resource is not included in statistics such as those found in the Bytes Received, Duration, or other widgets.