HTTP Recording Wizard
Begin a recording from Central using Chrome to get started. If the extension is not already present, the Chrome Store will provide you with a link.
- With CloudTest open in the Chrome browser, click Clips > create new to launch the Clip Editor.
- Click the Record drop-down.
- Select Record HTTP.
- If you have the Chrome extension already installed, skip to Step 4. If you do not have the Chrome extension, you will be directed to the Chrome Web Store link. In the Web Store, click Add To Chrome, and the Extension will be downloaded and installed automatically. You have to accept the permissions.
- You can verify the installation of the extension by going to chrome://extensions in your Chrome Browser. This extension is similar to the following:
- Once installed, you can use the extension to record immediately. Go back to the wizard you were on and click next to begin recording. If you cannot record, try reloading your page.
- Choose Extension Recording.
- Click Next.
- Select the tab(s) you want to record, such as 'New Tab' and click Record.Tip: Only the tabs you have selected here are recorded. You can record any tab you already have open, any tab you open during the recording, a new tab which will be opened for you, or all three.
- A box with the message "SOASTA CloudTest Recording Extension is debugging this browser" will appear on all your Chrome tabs. Debugging is necessary for the recording process. It does not obscure content at the top of the screen. You can turn this message off by turning "on" the "silent debugging" in your browser. If you close this message (and do not have silent debugging) the recording will stop.
- After you finish your recordings, click Stop Recording from the Record drop-down.
What you should see
Further Information: To support our advanced CloudTest functionality (e.g. session templates), we need the full request and response body. This is why debugging is a necessary part of the recording process.