Use the following steps to create a Dashboard:
Click New with Dashboards selected in
CloudTest and TouchTest users, you can also click New with Compositions selected in
Central and then proceed to create a new dashboard from with the Composition Editor, Play
tab. Standalone-dashboards can also be created from Central > Dashboards using
- To create a new dashboard from within the Composition Editor, Play tab, simply click the "+" link to the right of the last dashboard tab.
- Whenever a composition begins to play, the Result Details dashboard appears unless there is already a different default dashboard associated with the test composition or user. The Result Details widget begins to populate as the test plays.
- Whenever an mPulse user logs in, the mPulse Dashboard will appear unless there is a different default dashboard set by the user.
Select Create a New Dashboard to define
a new dashboard (you can opt to open an existing dashboard).When you do so, the New
Dashboard Setup page appears.
- In the New dashboard setup page:
- Enter a dashboard name
- Select a dashboard folder (optional)
- Select a Widget Layout
- Click Next. The new dashboard is created and opens in its own tab (if you're in the Composition Editor that tab is also within it). The Choose Widget dialog appears in two positions at the top of the dashboard.
- The dashboard opens as a new tab with the Widget Selection Panel toggled on.
What you should see
Click the Toolbar Widget Selection Panel button to toggle the Widget Selection Panel on or off. For new dashboards, the Widget Selection Panel appears automatically toggled on.