Seed Data in Container, Message, or Action Properties
Seed data can be specified for any container within a clip (either a collection or nested clip), or at the message or browser action level using the Custom Properties tab for the given object in the Clip Editor. Use the following steps to utilize seed data already in the CloudTest repository. If the seed data object doesn't yet exist, create it first using Central > Seed Data. Seed data can also be referenced by URL.
- Open the clip in the Clip Editor.
- Open the Container (Page, Chain, etc.), Message, or Action in the lower panel.
- For any container, select the Custom Properties tab.
- For a message or action, first select the top node on the left (i.e. the name of the message or action).
- Click the green Plus icon to create a new clip custom property.
- In the Value type drop-down, select either Seed Data: Repository or Seed Data: URL.
- For repository, select the Seed Data Object from among those configured. Refer to Seed Data (from a flat file) to create a new seed data object if one doesn't yet exist.
- For URL, enter the address where the CSV file is located. This address must be accessible from the CloudTest instance where it is configured.