User-Defined Validations on Response Header
Use the following steps if Response Header was chosen above.
- If the validation will be on the Header Name, specify that header in the entry field.If the validation will be on a Status line, specify that status line from among code, text, or protocol.
- Specify the Match type from among:
- Matches exactly
- Does not match exactly
- Matches regular expression
- Does not match regular expression
- Matches glob expression
- Does not match glob expression
- The following script is expected to succeed
- The following script is expected to fail
- Existing script is expected to succeed
- Existing script is expected to fail
What you should see
For example, the user-defined validation below is on the message’s response header using the Header Name, Host and is set to Matches exactly. Subsequent actions on the validation will depend whether the response does in fact match.
- In the example (right), the property type was chosen from among Custom, System, or Global property.
- The Owner was specified from the list of CloudTest objects (e.g. Composition, Band, Track, Clip, Target, Destination, Chain, or Message).
- The property name in this case was property1.
- The Failure Action was chosen from among Fail the Clip, Record in results only, or Honor the Message setting.