The necessary JDBC drivers are included with CloudTest.
For the first release, CloudTest supports Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL databases. The full list of databases and versions includes:
- Oracle (versions: 11.2.0, 11.1.0, 10.2.0, 10.1.0, 9.2.0, 9.0.1)
- Microsoft SQL Server (versions: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SQL Azure)
- PostgreSQL (versions: 7.2 or newer)
Users will directly access databases installed in their environments including the ability to connect to, query to, and to time the performance of a customer installed database.
Users can build entire SQL workloads that represent peak database traffic, much like a composition for a load test contains clips that are common workloads of HTTP traffic. For example, a clip that has the SQL traffic for something like an order placement built in. Such a clip will include numerous SQL statements one query per database action (e.g. clip element).
At the composition-level, the test composition may have many database clips that ultimately create the 'peak database traffic profile' for an application. This includes all types of SQL activity within the given database. An order placement usually has SELECTs, UPDATEs, INSERTs, and such for that single operation spread out over a session.
- Typically the SQL statements are provided to a tester or retrieved through the application itself, not through the test tool. These are usually copied and pasted in to a test from an external source.
- User's database knowledge: basic to medium level knowledge of databases and the Structured Query Language (SQL) is presumed.