Setting the Collections Rate Filter
- To use a Fundamentals widget filter such as the Collections Rate filter, place the Fundamentals widget into a dashboard.
- Select the Fundamentals widget (as shown above), and then click Toggle Dashboard Edit Mode to open up the bottom panel.
With Fundamentals selected in the Edit
Panel, check Collections Rate.The Collections Rate filter form appears.The Collections
Rate filter form uses an expression to allow the user to create a filter for a selected
collection(s) for a given state and rate. One or more filters can be applied.
To create a filter, click the (Choose…)
drop down in the first column and select the collection(s) to filter on. When you do so, a
drop-down selection box appears.
Select the type of collection to filter
on. For example, Pages.The available
collections for the selected collection type appear in the list below.
Select one or more collections in this
test on which to filter (as shown below). Collection items can also be selected one at a
time and then added via the Add button.
- Click Apply when done selecting.
Choose whether to filter collections by
the state, Started or Completed. Note that “Started” collections will only display during
composition play, while “Completed” ones will only display after the given item has
Next, choose whether to filter by the
rate per Minute or per Hour.
- Next, determine the Surface Title for this filter, which can be based on all or part of the expression, or which can have a custom name.
- To display only the collection names and the integer (for either completed or started), check Display in the first column.
- To display only Started or Completed, check Display in the second column.
- To display only the rate, check Display in the third column.
- Alternately, check the Custom radio button and enter a custom surface title.
- Next, determine whether to make one or more columns in this expression editable on the widget surface.
- Check editable for the first column if you’d like to select and then edit the collections on the widget surface at a later time.
- Check editable for the second column if you’d like to select and then switch between Started or Completed on the widget surface at a later time.
- Check editable for the third column if you’d like to select and then switch between the rate on the widget surface at a later time.
What you should see
For example, if both Display and Editable are checked in the first column—then the collection selection box appears on the widget title bar.
In this screenshot, all three columns were set to editable and the second column’s hypertext has been clicked.
Optionally, add one or more additional filters by clicking the green Plus icon.
When you do so, a second Collection Rate filter form appears.