Windows Conductor gets "The VM cound not be started" Error
In some cases, Windows Conductor users may encounter the following Virtual Memory error when trying to start the Conductor:
The VM could not be started. The maximum heap size (-Xmx) might be too large or an antivirus or firewall tool could block the execution.
This error can be resolved by using the following steps to increase the allowed Virtual Memory setting on the Windows System. These steps may vary slightly according to your Windows version.
- In Windows, right-click My Computer, choose Properties, and then choose Advanced.
- In the Performance section, click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" box on top.
- With the box unchecked, select the "Custom size" radio button.
- Ensure that the Initial Size (minimum) is at least 16 mb and the "Maximum size" is at least 5000.
- Click OK then repeat for the Performance Options and System Properties boxes.