Manually Create a New HTTP(S) Test Clip
- Select Test Clips in the Central list. The Clips list appears on the right. Click New.
—Or—If a different node is selected in the Central list, click the drop-down on the New button and then select New Test Clip.When a new Untitled Test Clip is created, the Clip Editor launches with a Record prompt. Notice that the gray workspace is empty to start and that the lower panel tabs are all minimized by default in order to increase the usable workspace in the editor.
- Click the Messages/Actions tab and in the Available Targets list, double-click one or more targets you want to use as a message template. The Clip Editor populates the target into the Included Targets list and then lists its Operations on the far right.
- To add one of the operations to the workspace for this clip, double-click its icon, or select and drag the icon onto the workspace. The new message appears. Repeat this step for each of the Operations in the Operations list.
- Optionally, select one of the new messages in the test clip, and then click Add New Checkpoint to add a checkpoint after it.
- A checkpoint indicates that no further action take place until a response has been received from the previous message
- Optionally, select one of the new messages in the test clip, and then click Add New Time Delay. The Time Delay default is 0 milliseconds. To change this, select the Time Delay, right-click to access a context menu, and select Edit. Enter a new time delay interval (in milliseconds). For example, 3000.
- Click Save and give the new test clip a name.
- Click OK to complete the Save.