Enable Cross-Domain Using the Target Editor
The same steps can be accomplished via the Target Editor rather than through the use of system property overrides as shown above. In some cases, it may be desirable to edit the target itself, rather than using an override. This method is probably just as useful if the settings for the given target will remain the same for every clip that uses that target.
- First, identify the target whose properties you want to change. Select the test clip in the Composition Editor.
- Right-click and then choose Open in New Tab from the context menu.In Clip Editor, Messages/Actions tab, note the Included Target(s) listed. For each of these targets, cross-domain support must be enabled at the target level. For example, the clip on the right has one target, SOASTA Store UI.
- Once identified, double-click the target in the Included Target list to open it in the Target Editor.
- Click Central > Targets, locate the given target in the list, and double-click to open it.The target opens in the Target Editor.
- Locate the Target Info, Settings, Browser drop-down and select from among Firefox Cross-Domain (not the standard Firefox option) or IE Cross-Domain (if this test is conducted in Internet Explorer).
- Click the Target item in the properties tree on the left and then select the Browser Type field.
- Click the Browser Type drop-down and select the option for Firefox cross-domain (not the standard Firefox option).
- Save the target after making any changes.