Creating a New Multi-Part POST Message
Multi-part messages can be constructed on the fly using the Clip Editor, either from an existing POST message, or by adding a new POST message using an Included Target.
- Open the clip to edit in the Clip Editor or click the New Clip icon to create a new clip.
- Determine whether to use an existing POST message or to create a new POST message.
- To add parts to an existing POST message, select and double-click it in the Clip Editor workspace.
- To add a new POST message, click the Clip Editor’s Messages/Actions tab, and then select (or add) an Included Target on which the POST message will be based. Once the message is added to the clip, select and double-click it to open it in the lower panel Message Editor.
- In the Message Editor, select the Inputs, Data node, and then check the Multi-part post box.
- For an existing message, define the appropriate headers. For a new manually created message, define the Headers/Body pair with their respective values.
- To add more pairs to this multi-part message, click the green Plus icon on the top right just above where the new part will be placed. When you do so, a new section with blank Headers and Body is placed below.
- Repeat the steps to define Headers/Body for the new message part.
- Click the green Plus icon once for each required pair and then define those values according to need. Note that text values can be pasted into place.
- To perform a property substitution, click in the Body field and then click the Properties icon.
- If this value must be Base64 encoded, toggle the Encoding icon so it’s active.
- Save the clip after making any changes.