Using the Legacy ECCU
The legacy ECCU applies to content configured for control with edge server configuration files. If your content does not use a configuration file, use the Content Control Utility.
Before you begin
You’ll need to have access the Control Center. If you don’t have access to this Content Control Utility, contact your account representative.
Before you upload ECCU files, you’ll need to be familiar with Digital Properties and with the ECCU file structure and options.
- Go to Control Center (https://control.akamai.com/).
- Select PUBLISH > Content Control Utility.
- Select the product you want to work on. The Content Control Utility Content page contains both the CCU (Refresh by URL) and legacy ECCU applications (Refresh by Directory and File Extension). The CCU page is the default.
- Click the Refresh by Directory & File Extension link to view the ECCU page. See About the Data Fields for definitions of the data you see on this page. For information on the Digital Property and ECCU file structure, see About Digital Properties.
- Select the Digital Property Name(s) and, optionally, give this request a name to identify it in the future.
Select the refresh method:
- Refresh all files in a directory
- Refresh by directory and extension
- Upload an ECCU file containing the refresh instructions
- When you’re ready, click the Next button to go to a confirmation page on which you can review your submission before finalizing it.
- On the confirmation page, review your data and when ready, click Submit. The Metadata you see on the confirmation page is the ECCU file.
- The successful submission takes you to the Request Submitted page, where you should note the displayed Request ID that can be used for tracking and problem solving. If you want, click Refresh Content to return to the ECCU main page.