Enable DataStream in a property
To start collecting logs for properties in a stream, you need to enable the DataStream behavior in each property that is part of any stream. You can't receive logs from properties with disabled DataStream behavior even if they're part of active data streams.
- Collect logs from the stream that monitors this property.
- Specify the sample of data for this property that the stream collects and sends to your destination.
Apart from enabling the behavior in the default rule to apply it to all requests, you can enable it in a custom rule to capture data for specific hostnames, paths, status codes, and other requests matching your criteria. See Rules and matches in Property Manager.
If you chose more than one property for a stream, you need to enable the DataStream behavior in each of them.
Before you begin
If you want to enable DataStream through the Property Manager API, make sure that you have set at least the READ access level to the API service called Datastream. The API client should have the Datastream Config API permission set.
- Use the top-right menu in the header to select the appropriate Control Center account (one with access to the applicable product).
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
On the Property Details page, click
the Version of your
configuration that you want to access in Manage Versions and
The Property Manager Editor appears.
- In the default rule, click Add Behavior, and select DataStream.
Click Insert Behavior.
The DataStream behavior appears in your rule.
- In Stream version, select DataStream 2.
In the DataStream 2 section:
- Set the Enable switch to On.
In DataStream names, enter
the name of the active streams associated with the property.
Tip: You can find the names of all streams that monitor this property by entering the property name in the search box of the DataStream application.
- In Sampling rate, specify the sample percentage of data for this property that you want the stream to send to your destination.
- Click Save.
Enable logging custom data set
parameters in the Log Request Details behavior. See Enable logging custom parameters.
Do this step only for these parameters:
- Custom field
- On the Activate tab, click Activate v# on Production.