Provide basic details for a stream
Start by providing basic details and selecting properties for your stream. By doing this, you tell the edge servers which properties to monitor in the stream. Naming your data stream also lets you search it out easily when you need it.
Before you begin
- Log in to Control Center using a User ID and Password that have been configured for access to DataStream.
- Go to .
On the DataStream page,
A Create DataStream wizard opens on the Configuration tab.
- In Type, select DataStream 2.
- In Name, enter a name for the stream.
- In Product, select the content delivery product.
- In Group, select the relevant account control group.
- In Contract ID, select the relevant identifier of your contract.
properties, select up to 100 properties that you want the stream
to collect logs for.
You can see only properties that are active on the production network. If you don't see any properties, it means that no property for this product and group is active on production, and you may want to create and activate a property.Tip:
You can add up to three streams to one property. After creating a stream, go to your property in the Property Manager Editor, and add a Blank rule for every additional stream. In each rule, click Add match, and add Criteria you want to match for this rule. Next, add and configure the DataStream behavior with the DataStream ID of your additional stream. See Enable DataStream in a property for detailed behavior configuration steps.
When the rules match for more than one stream, the last rule to hit generates log lines for its particular stream. You can use the rule logic to switch between streams depending on the type of traffic to your property. See Working with rules and matches for details on rule order and how to leverage rules and matches for your specific needs.
- Click Next to continue to the Data Sets tab.