Review and activate a stream
You’re almost done. Review your stream’s details and deploy it to the production network or save it for later use.
You can activate your stream upon saving or save it as inactive configuration.
- Activating a stream enables it on the production network. To start collecting and sending logs to chosen destination, enable the DataStream behavior for each property in Property Manager.
- Alternatively, saving an inactive stream doesn't activate it on the production network. This keeps your stream ready for later activation and use.
- On the Summary tab, review the accuracy of the data provided in each section.
For the Activate stream
upon saving box, either:
- Check the box to deploy the stream to and activate it on the production network after saving. This keeps you one step away from receiving data logs. To complete the process, you need to enable the DataStream behavior in each property that the stream monitors.
- Leave the box unchecked to save the stream configuration and keep it ready for later use. This keeps you two steps away from receiving logs. To complete the process, you need to activate the data stream and enable the DataStream behavior in each property that the stream monitors.
- Optional: Select Receive an e-mail once activation is complete and provide a list of e-mail addresses for which you want to get notifications, once the stream is deployed to the production network.
stream to save the stream for later, or save and
activate it on the production network. The stream activates if you
checked the Activate stream upon saving box earlier.
Activating a stream takes about 90 minutes.
Your stream is almost ready to collect and send logs. To start receiving log data, make sure you enabled the DataStream behavior in each property associated with this stream. See Enable DataStream 2 in a property.