Edit a data stream
The DataStream control panel lets you edit almost every part of your stream configurations. For example, you can update the contract that you created the stream for, the name of your stream, the properties that you want to monitor, the parameters it logs, and the destinations where it makes the logs available.
By editing an active data stream, you create and activate version that becomes the default version used by this stream. Once you activate the edited version, you can't revert to any previous version. For inactive streams, you can activate the stream upon activation, or save the configuration for later. See Version management.
- Log in to Control Center using a User ID and Password that have been configured for access to DataStream.
- Go to .
On the DataStream page,
find the stream that you want to edit, click
from the Action column, and choose Edit. See Viewing options.
Tip: Pay attention to the activation status of the stream that you want to edit. When editing, DataStream creates and activates a version with the same the activation status as the edited version.The Edit stream wizard appears.
In Configuration, you can do the following:
- Edit the Name of your stream.
- Edit the Contract ID for which you initially created the stream.
properties, edit the properties that the stream
You can select up to 100 properties. All properties that are part of streams that are changing their statuses, either being activated or deactivated, are grayed out, and you can't select them. You can also add up to three streams to one property. See Provide basic details for a stream for details.
- Click Next to continue to the Data Sets tab.
- In Data sets, edit the parameters that the stream collects.
- In Delivery, edit the destination where the stream sends logs and the delivery conditions for you log files.
In Summary, review
your changes and decide whether to activate the edited stream.
- Optional: Select Receive an email once activation is complete and provide a list of email addresses where you want to get notifications once the stream is active on the production network.
If you're editing an active stream, click Save
stream to activate the stream upon saving. For inactive
streams, check the Activate stream upon saving
box to activate the stream after clicking Save
stream. If the box is unchecked, click Save
stream to save the configuration and activate
It takes about 90 minutes to activate a stream. After this time, your stream is active on the production network.