Enable DataStream in a property
To start collecting logs for properties in your data stream, you need to enable a DataStream behavior in each property that is part of the stream. You can't receive logs from DataStream-disabled properties even if they're part of active data streams.
- Collect logs from all data streams that monitor this property.
- Collect logs from specific data streams that monitor this property.
Apart from enabling the behavior in the default rule to apply it to all requests, you can enable it in a custom rule to capture data for specific hostnames, paths, status codes, and other requests matching your criteria.
Before you begin
- Check if DataStream has been added to your contract, and that a content provider (CP) code is available for use with DataStream. For assistance, contact your account representative.
- Check the identifiers of the data streams that monitor this property. You'll need this data to if you want to receive logs only form these data streams. See Viewing options.
- Use the top-right menu in the header to select the appropriate Control Center account (one with access to the applicable product).
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
On the Property Details
page, click the Version of your configuration that you want to access in
The Property Manager Editor appears.
Select or create the rule where
you want to enable the DataStream behavior:
- To apply the data stream to all hostnames in the property, add and enable the DataStream behavior in the Default Rule.
- To apply the data stream to specific hostnames in the property or specific requests, add and enable the DataStream behavior in a custom rule. See Configure DataStream in a custom rule.
- In the rule, click Add Behavior, and select DataStream.
Click Insert Behavior.
The DataStream behavior appears in your rule.
- In Stream version, select DataStream 1.
In the DataStream 1
Set the Enable
switch to On.
This enables log collection from all active data streams that this property is part of.
ID(s), enter identifiers of the active data streams
associated with the property and separate them with a hyphen. You'll
only receive logs from these data streams.
For example, 51-75-145 means that you'll receive data from the data streams with the following identifiers: 51, 75, 145.Tip: You can find the identifiers of all data streams that monitor this property by entering this property name in the search box of the DataStream application.If you leave this field empty, the DataStream behavior collects data from all active data streams associated with the property.
- Set the Enable switch to On.
- Click Save.
Enable logging custom data set
parameters in the Log
Request Details behavior. See Enable logging custom parameters.
Do this step only if you selected these parameters in your data set:
- Custom field
On the Activate tab,
click Activate v# on
You can only activate a property with the DataStream behavior on the production network.