Edit a data stream
The DataStream control panel lets you edit almost every part of your stream configurations. For example, you can update the contract that you created the stream for, the name of you stream, the properties that you want to monitor, the parameters it logs, and the destinations to send log files.
By editing an active data stream, you create and activate a version that becomes the default version used by this stream. Once you publish the edited version, you can't revert to any previous version. See Version management.
- Log in to Control Center using a User ID and Password that have been configured for access to DataStream.
- Go to .
On the DataStream page,
find the data stream that you want to edit and select .
See Viewing options.Tip: Pay attention to the activation status of the data stream that you want to edit. When editing, DataStream creates a version with the same activation status as the edited version. Editing and saving an active stream starts activating it on the production network.The Edit stream wizard appears.
In Configuration, you
can do the following:
- Edit the Contract ID where you initially created the stream.
properties, edit the properties that the stream
You can select up to 15 properties. All properties that are part of streams that are changing their statuses, either being activated or deactivated, are grayed out, and you can't select them.
- Click Next to continue to the Data Sets tab.
- In Data sets, edit the parameters that the stream collects.
- In Delivery, edit the destination where the stream sends logs and the delivery conditions for your log files.
In Summary, review
your changes, decide whether to publish the edited stream, and click Save
It takes about 15 minutes to activate a stream on the production network.