Edit a data stream
The DataStream control panel lets you edit almost every part of your data stream configurations. For example, you can update the contract that you created the data stream for, the name of your data stream, the properties that you want to monitor, the parameters it logs, and the destinations where it makes the logs available.
By editing a data stream, you create and publish a version that becomes the default version used by this data stream. Once you publish the edited version, you can't revert to any previous version. See Version management.
- Log in to Control Center using a User ID and Password that have been configured for access to DataStream.
- Go to .
On the DataStream page,
find the data stream that you want to edit and select .
See Viewing options.Tip: Pay attention to the activation status of the data stream that you want to edit. When editing, DataStream creates and publishes a version with the same activation status as the edited version.The Edit stream wizard appears.
In Configuration, you
can do the following:
- Edit the Contract ID where you initially created the data stream.
properties, edit the properties that the data stream
You can select up to 15 properties. All properties that are part of data streams that are changing their statuses, either being activated or deactivated, are grayed out, and you can't select them.
- Click Next to continue to the Data Sets tab.
- In Data sets, edit the parameters that the data stream collects.
- In Delivery, edit the destination where the data stream sends logs and the delivery conditions for you log files.
In Summary, review
your changes, decide whether to publish the edited data stream, and click
It takes about 15 minutes to publish a data stream, After this time, your data stream is active on the production network.