DataStream requires that you add and activate a DataStream behavior in the property that you previously created a stream for. You can apply the DataStream behavior to all or selected streams activated for the property. Also, you can apply the DataStream behavior selectively in a custom rule to capture data for specific hostnames, paths, status codes, and other requests matching your criteria.
Before you begin
- Verify that DataStream has been added to your contract, and that a content provider (CP) code is available for use with DataStream. For assistance, contact your account representative.
- Make sure that you know the name of the property that you created the stream for and the identifiers of the streams that you want to receive data from.
- Use the top-right menu in the header to select the appropriate Control Center account (one with access to the applicable product).
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
On the Property Details page, click
the Version of your
configuration that you want to access in Manage Versions and
The Property Manager Editor appears.
Select or create the rule where you want
to enable the DataStream behavior:
- To apply the stream to all hostnames in the property, add and enable the DataStream behavior in the Default Rule.
- To apply the stream to specific hostnames in the property or specific requests, add and enable the DataStream behavior in a custom rule. See Configure DataStream in a custom rule.
- In the rule, click Add Behavior, and select DataStream.
Click Insert Behavior.
The DataStream behavior appears in your rule.
In DataStream ID(s), enter
identifiers of the active streams associated with the property and separate them with a
hyphen. These are the streams that you want to monitor and receive data from.
For example, 51-75-145 means that you will receive data from the streams with the following identifiers: 51, 75, 145.Note: If you leave this field empty, the DataStream behavior will collect data from all active streams associated with the property.
- To enable DataStream, set the Enable switch to On.
- Click Save.
- On the Activate tab, click Activate v# on Production.
What you should see
Once the property has been activated, you can begin monitoring and managing your stream. You can also edit your stream.