Stream logs to Datadog
DataStream supports sending uncompressed logs to Datadog, a monitoring and analytics solution that allows you to see inside applications within your stack and aggregate the results. For security purposes DataStream always sends logs over TLS.
Before you begin
- Register for a Datadog account. The place where you register your Datadog account, the United States (US) or the European Union (EU), changes endpoints you use when configuring Datadog as a destination in a data stream configuration. See Datadog site.
- Identify the HTTPS endpoint in the corresponding hosting region your account is configured with. See Datadog log endpoints.
- Generate a Datadog API key dedicated for a data stream. See Datadog API keys.
- In Destination name, enter a human-readable description for the destination.
- In Destination type, select Datadog.
In Datadog Cloud
URL, enter the Datadog log endpoint where you want to send and store
For example, http-intake.logs.datadoghq.com/v1/input
- In Datadog API Key, enter the API key associated with your Datadog account.
- Click Save to save the details you provided.