The DataStream control panel lets you quickly search for data streams and check their details.
Checking a data stream's details is especially useful before you enable the DataStream behavior in your property configuration. You can enter the name or identifier of your data stream to check:
- Whether the data stream you want to receive logs from is active. You can't receive logs from inactive streams.
- The properties monitored by the data stream. This lets you know which properties the data stream can collect logs for and where you can enable the DataStream behavior.
You can also enter the name of your property to check:
- Details of all data streams monitoring this property. It's useful when you want to customize logging for a property and need to provide names or identifiers of the associated data streams to collect your logs.
The control panel lists all data streams created within the context of you contract and group. It provides the following details about each data stream:
- Name. The name you previously provided for the data stream.
- ID. The unique identifier for the data stream that the system automatically assigns.
- Version. The number of versions that you published for this data stream.
- Properties. The names of properties that the data stream is associated with.
- Type. The version of DataStream that you used to create this data stream.
- Activation status. Whether the data stream is active. A data stream can be active, inactive, or in the middle of change.
You can use the search box to filter the list of data streams by:
- Name of the data stream. Enter the name of the data stream to view its details.
- Identifier of the data stream. Enter the identifier of the data stream to view its details.
- Property name. Enter the name of
a property to view details of all data streams associated with this property.
Tip: When configuring the DataStream behavior in a property, you may need to look up the names or identifiers of the data streams that this property is part of. This way you know which data streams can provide logs for this property.